Wood Deck Cleaner
The Resist Mist™ kit will clean your Ipe, Pine or any wooden deck, remove biological growth stains, help protect your deck from mildew, algae, mold, and most stains for years with an incredibly simple application. The Kit contains two products that are both environmentally friendly and incredibly powerful. The first product is the Resist Mist Composite Deck Cleaner™ developed specifically for your composite and wooden decking. It contains powerful surfactants that penetrate the surface of the deck allowing its biodegradable chemistry to lift and remove mildew, mold, grease and dirt and many other stains. Wow. What a difference. But then…… real science happens. Resist Mist™. Resist Mist™ is a water-based, environmentally friendly wooden deck protectant that uses our Micro Encapsulation Technology™ to form an invisible shield. That shield creates an inhospitable environment for biological growth. It also helps make bird droppings, grease from the grill food stains much easier to clean. It must be difficult to apply, right? Absolutely not! Pour the Resist Mist in a pump sprayer, dilute it with water and apply to your clean deck. Done! And the best news of all is that Resist Mist™ can last up to 3 full seasons. That translates into LESS WORK AND MORE MARGARITAS!
Instructions, Tips, Tricks and Tools.
How To Clean and Protect Your Ipe, Pine or Other Wooden Deck
Resist Mist ™ Composite Deck Cleaner is the best product for removing mold, mildew, algae and many stains from composite decks. Using Resist Mist™ products are the easiest to use composite deck cleaning and protection products you have ever used. Here’s how:
- 1 Dilute the Resist Mist™ Composite Deck Cleaner 3:1 with water. TIP: So pour one quart of the cleaner in your one gallon pump sprayer and fill it with water.
- 2 Spray the mixture on your wooden deck with your garden pump sprayer. Allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes without drying.
TIP: If it starts to dry simply spray more of your solution on the area. We recommend cleaning about 50-100 square feet at a time depending on weather.
- 3 Gently scrub your wooden deck with a stiff bristled brush until the product produces a light foam.
TIP: For heavily soiled areas use a stronger concentration of cleaner and perhaps a little bit more elbow grease.
TRICK: For rust stains use a higher concentration of cleaner and very gently scrub the area with Brillo pad.
TRICK2: For suntan lotion stains, a higher concentration of cleaner may be required.
- 4 Completely rinse the cleaner from the wooden deck using lots of water.
TIP: More water and less pressure equals a faster and more complete rinsing of your wooden deck.
- 5 Allow the deck to mostly dry.
TIP: Your deck does not need to be completely dry. However, it should not have any standing water. The wetter the deck the more diluted your Resist Mist™ will be. A very wet deck could require additional Resist Mist™ applications.
- 6 Mix the Resist Mist™ Concentrate in your one gallon garden pump sprayer at 3:1 (just like you did with the Resist Mist Composite Deck Cleaner™. Completely saturate your deck.
IMPORTANT TIP: It is VERY IMPORTANT to completely clean your pump sprayer. Any contamination in the pump sprayer may reduce the effectiveness of Resist Mist™.
TIP 2: Ensure the entire deck surface has been evenly saturated. Within reason, you cannot put too much Resist Mist™ on a wooden deck. If puddles form use your deck brush or a mop to eliminate puddles.
TRICK: Remember to leave yourself an exit so start with the far corner of your deck
TOOL: One Quart of Resist Mist™ will cover about 300 square feet of wooden decking. We suggest touching up an areas of your wooden deck where the stain or paint is peeling prior to applying Resist Mist™. It is not necessary but will improve the longevity of Resist Mist™.
- 7 Allow Resist Mist™ to dry. Congratulations, you have now made your deck a very unfriendly place for mold, mildew and algae to try and live and even made it easier to clean things that drop onto your deck. Yes. We are talking about the birds.
TIP: We recommend staying off of your deck for about 24hrs.
TRICK: If you want super protection, perform the Drop Test. Simply put a small drop of water on your deck. If it beads up, your deck now has a super barrier. If it doesn’t, you can simply spray on more Resist Mist™. You can safely apply as much Resist Mist™ as you want or as often as you want on your deck without concern of build-up. Within reason. Heavy applications will provide the most stain protection.
- 8 Resist Mist™ should last up to three full seasons.
TIP: Places that get allot of traffic may require more frequent treatments of Resist Mist™.
- 9 Want to clean and protect your deck railings? Use your left over Resist Mist™ kit to clean and protect your railings from staining. Instead of using a pump sprayer to apply the Resist Mist™, simply wet a microfiber cloth with Resist Mist™ and wipe it onto your railings after they were cleaned.
*Like everything outside, periodic cleaning is needed on all wooden decks to keep them looking their best. For optimal longevity, yearly cleaning with Resist Mist Composite Deck Cleaner is suggested.
Note: As with all cleaning and care products, keep children and pets away from Resist Mist™ and the Resist Mist Composite Deck Cleaner™ while they are wet and especially around opened bottles. Store unopened bottles in a cool place out of direct sunlight and away from children and pets.