Fence Stain Cleaner
The Resist Mist™ kit will remove most stains including mildew, mold and algae. The kit contains two incredibly powerful products. Both are both environmentally friendly and really easy to use. First, Resist Mist Composite Deck Cleaner™. We developed this cleaner as the best composite deck, fence (PVC or Composite) and wood fence cleaner on the market. Its powerful surfactants dig deep below the surface allowing its biodegradable chemistry to lift and remove most stains including algae, most grass stains, bird droppings and most other stains Mother Nature can throw at a fence. Wow. What a difference. But, then real science happens. Resist Mist™. Applied by you with a simple spray bottle or pump sprayer and wiped off with a micro fiber cloth. Resist Mist™ is a water based, environmentally protectant that uses our Molecular Barrier Technology™ to form an invisible shield. That shield creates a barrier between new potential stains and your deck. Is it coating that has to be stripped a few years after I apply it. NO! You will never have to strip it. In fact, once its dried you will not even know its on your fence. Except of course that you notice no algae is growing on your fence and staining it.
Instructions, Tips, Tricks and Tools
How To Clean and Protect Your PVC, Composite Or Wood Fence
Resist Mist ™ Composite Deck Cleaner is the best product for removing mold, mildew, algae and many stains from PVC, composite or wood fences. Using Resist Mist™ products are the easiest way to clean and protect your fence. Here’s how:
- 1 Dilute the Resist Mist™ Composite Deck Cleaner 3:1 with water.
TIP: So pour one quart of the cleaner in your one gallon pump sprayer and fill it with water.
- 2 Spray the mixture on your fence with your garden pump sprayer. Allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes without drying.
TIP:If it starts to dry simply spray more of your solution on the area. We recommend cleaning about 50-100 square feet at a time depending on weather.
- 3 Gently scrub your fence with a scrub brush.
TIP: For heavily soiled areas use a stronger concentration of cleaner and perhaps a little bit more elbow grease.
TRICK: For really tough stains use a higher concentration of cleaner and let it sit a little longer on the fence.
- 4 Completely rinse the cleaner from the fence using lots of water.
TIP: More water and less pressure equals a faster and more complete rinsing of your composite deck.
- 5 Allow the fence to mostly dry. Especially if you are treating a wooden fence.
TIP: Your fence does not need to be completely dry. The wetter the fence the more diluted your Resist Mist™ will be. A very wet fence could require additional Resist Mist™ applications.
- 6 Mix the Resist Mist™ Concentrate in your one gallon garden pump sprayer at 3:1 (just like you did with the Resist Mist Composite Deck Cleaner™. Using the finest mist settings spray 3-4 planks at a time.
- FOR WOODEN FENCES-Completely saturate your fence if have a wooden fence. Allow the Resist Mist™ to dry with no rain in the forecast for 24 hours. For extra protection you can apply a second treatment of Resist Mist™ after about 45 min. One Resist Mist ½ Gallon kit will treat about 250 Square Feet.
- PVC OR COMPOSITE FENCES-Take a microfiber cloth and spray some of your Resist Mist™ solution on the cloth. The cloth should be damp but not saturated and dripping. Apply Resist Mist™ using the finest mist settings on your pump sprayer. You will not need to use allot of Resist Mist™. You may notice that some of the Resist Mist™ is running down and off the fence. If you see this then you can reduce the amount of spray you are putting on the fence. On PVC and Composite Fencing (not decking) a little big goes a long way. Treat 2-3 boards and immediately wipe them with a your microfiber cloth ensuring that the entire board has been wiped. It is important to ensure the entire board has been wiped with the Resist Mist™ pre saturated cloth. Allow the product to dry. While it is still wet it may look a little streaky. That is OK as long as the entire board has been wiped with the moistened cloth. For super protection against algae stains treat the areas most likely to get algae growth twice.
TIP: It is VERY IMPORTANT to completely clean your pump sprayer. Any contamination in the pump sprayer may reduce the effectiveness of Resist Mist™.
TIP 2: Ensure the entire board has been sprayed and wiped with Resist Mist™. Within reason, you cannot put too much Resist Mist™ on a PVC or Composite fence.
TRICK: Moisten a microfiber cloth with your Resist Mist™ solution and keep it moist.
TOOL: One ½ Gallon of Resist Mist™ will cover about 1000 square feet of PVC or Composite fencing. If you have a lot of over spray your coverage will be lower.
- 7Allow Resist Mist™ to dry. Congratulations, you have now made your fence a very unfriendly place for mold, mildew and algae to try and live. You have also made grass stains much easier to clean
TIP: Avoid treating your fence if rain is forecast within 24hrs.
- 8Resist Mist™ should last up to three full seasons on a wooden fence. On a PVC or Composite fence it may even last up to five years with annual cleaning.
TIP: To really get the longest lasting results from Resist Mist™ it is very important to clean your fence yearly with the Resist Mist Composite Deck Cleaner™.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: As with all cleaning and care products, please keep children and pets away from Resist Mist™ and the Resist Mist Composite Deck Cleaner™ while they are wet and especially around opened bottles. Store unopened bottles in a cool place out of direct sunlight and away from children and pets.